Thursday, February 14, 2008

Getting smoo-d

A few words about today:
A dozen red roses were delivered to me at work, compliments of the absentee VBM, who definitely gets a gold star for the day. Today is the birthday of my late paternal grandmother; her name was Valentine. After enjoying a lovely lunch with my mother outlaw, I found a wallet in the street. It was disappointing in that it only had two dollars in it. It did have lots of other stuff that someone would be upset about losing, so I found the driver's license inside it, and went to return it to its rightful owner. I was greeted by a tearful young woman with a phone attached to her head. She wordlessly pulled me into a giant hug. Her man then appeared, thanked me profusely and told me they were moving to Rhode Island. Tomorrow. I was so glad I had found her wallet and returned it to her. That hug she gave me? It made my day.

Also, I found this curious envelope inside the door at work when I was unlocking this morning:


So tiny, and so inviting with a wax seal!
Here is what it said inside:


I don't know who it was for, or of it was for anyone, or if it was a random thing.
But anyways.
Awesome!

No comments: