Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Update; administrivia

Whoa Zetta had a great time at her class over the weekend. I feel like I came a far distance with this new material. It is magical and interesting, and, ECL, I now know what do do with some of the stuff I am learning. The VBM came up and we stayed in a sweet B&B for two nights. After that, we spent the day driving to Whistler, where we will remain until Saturday pretending to be rich people, enjoying a ski vacation.
Yesterday when we arrived I spent some time in the fitness center defragging my shitty car mood, and after that we went to the pub that is literally spitting distance from our condo thingy and quaffed ale and I ate about 7464522879 chicken wings. They were good.
My experience as a beginning skier has been a mixed bag. When I took my first lessons I did great, felt comfortable on the skis, and looked forward to a lifetime without the sort of whiplash one sustains when she catches a front edge on her snowboard at a high rate of speed. Then I got on a steep hill, and everything went south. This year I have been working on not being afraid of a steep hill and also being able to turn on a steep hill without my eyes exploding and having a heart attack because yes, you are supposed to lean down the hill. On these slippery things attached to your feet. Up until last week or so, I had been making great strides with the steep hill/heart attack situation. Then we went night skiing , and where there is night skiing, there are steep hills. I had a rotten time trying to grow a pair and make good turns with speed on the inclines. It was awful. I was very worried about coming here after that.
Last year here at Whistler, there may have been crying. Just maybe.
Today was a good day skiing for me. My first run I had some issues with the steep and some falling, but after that I got more and more confident. I am excited for tomorrow, if not a little worried that my legs might come off because of the abuse they took today. The weather is warm, the snow is good, and I am lucky to have VBM patiently teaching me. And? The band of rugrats only passed me once today. I think last year I was lapped several times by a chain of 3 year olds. I hate them.

Also, if you want me to have your email address, please send me an email. I DO NOT HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since my ibook crashed last week.

6 comments:

Sam Artman said...

I can't believe you don't have my email address tattooed on your brain. GAWD! Anyhoo -- jsamartman@yahoo.com


And, AHEM!! Change the golldern link to my blog!! Eff!!

http://jamessamuelartman.blogspot.com

Thank (cram it) you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

um...yah...where did you stay on Friday and who let you use thier shower and toity when you dropped a load??
And who regalled you with tales that made you pee your pants.
Thanks alot...

zetta said...

Totally right, Sugarpants. I will plan a post dedicated to you only.

Anonymous said...

Hey Zetta - I emailed you a select list of email addresses - did they not arrive? Will send again if needed. Your plants are fine, enjoying NPR and all this sunshine. One overflowed but I mopped it up. Glad your trip is going well!
XO
T230

evil cake lady said...

awesome mczetta; i can't wait to hear all about your weekend in seattle and your week in whistler! friday will be lame and boring without you. sigh.

Anonymous said...

Did you get the addresses I sent you?
Also, please be careful on the slopes!