Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Meh

Today as I was giving the kid at the gas station my 30 bucks, the kid said something to me.
He said: " Long day?"
I noticed he had one of those eyes that doesn't look in the same direction as the other one, and crooked teeth. I smiled wordlessly.
"I can see it in your eyes, " he told me, "It will get better."
"It isn't bad, " I said.
"I know. But you won't be as tired, or maybe as lonely as you are right now."
He handed me my change, and smiled kindly as I pulled back onto the road, hoping he was right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you aren't tired or lonely anymore. I love you.

Anonymous said...

He was right. Being lonely amid the loving and loved, not to mention one's adoring public, is something one does get through. Blessings to you on your way.
XOXO
Tue230